6160-08 - City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Working as Member of a Rescue Team
This course is for anyone who works as part of a rescue and recovery team in confined spaces.
Course Duration: 2 days - 16 guided learning hours
This course includes preparing to carry out emergency activities, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using emergency equipment, casualty recovery and handling devices in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, rescuing and recovering casualties, following procedures and working safely.
Course Locations: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Middlesbrough, Castleford, Manchester, Wellingborough, Rainham, Heathrow, Southampton, and Exeter. On-site training is available via our mobile confined space training trailers.
ESS are a City & Guilds accredited training centre and provider. All of our trainers, assessors and IQA's are approved and qualified by City & Guilds ensuring the highest level of competency.
- Types of emergencies in confined spaces
- Risk management including dynamic risk assessment
- Raising the alarm and communication
- Considerations for assisted rescue response
- Casualty handover and debrief
- Rescue equipment pre and post-use checks and safe operation
- Dynamic risk assessment of situation and need for entry
- Casualty assessment and first aid considerations
- Casualty handling and extraction
- Post-rescue actions including decontamination
Explore More Confined Space Training Courses
ESS is a leading provider of confined space training courses. We offer a range of different courses from our network of training venues, strategically situated across the UK.
Find your Nearest Branch
Search for your nearest branch. With a network of 18 branches strategically situated across the UK, there is always an ESS branch close to you.