Confined Space Risk Management and Permits (RoSPA Assured)
This course is designed to provide delegates with enough understanding of Safe Systems of Work to be able to authorise works and issue permits. It identifies the employer’s responsibilities within their own policies to allocate duties to competent employees.
This course includes a basic level of confined space knowledge with the opportunity to use confined space equipment in a simulated environment and a team exercise of creating and reviewing a safe system of work.
Course Duration: 2 days - 16 guided learning hours
Note: Day 1 is a CS1 course and Confined Space Risk Management can be done as a 1 day add on
Course Locations: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Middlesbrough, Castleford, Manchester, Wellingborough, Rainham, Heathrow, Southampton, and Exeter. On-site training is available via our mobile confined space training trailers.
- Basic confined space training for beginners or skills fade
- An awareness of the health and safety requirements imposed on employers and employees under the Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Duties of the entrant, entry controller and the manager and the confined space ACOP
- The hazards associated with confined space working and the control measures required
- Understanding and creation of Risk assessments method statements and permit systems
- The potential causes of emergencies and the emergency arrangements
- Safe use of the Gas Monitor and EBA
- Safe use and fitting harnesses and access equipment
- Identification of hygiene, infection/disease and contamination procedures
- Confined space equipment care and maintenance regimes
- Gas detectors – basic functions and interpreting information
- Escape breathing apparatus – checks and donning / doffing procedures
- Rescue harnesses – inspection, fitting and correct use
- Access equipment – inspection and safe use of tripods and fall arrest/recovery winches
- Practical assessment – pre-entry checks, entry control, communication, recognition of emergency, safe evacuation and post-incident reporting.
- Creation and Review of a Safe System of Work SSOW
This training course is assured by RoSPA. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a certificate of training valid for three years.
All ESS training centres are RoSPA Approved.
Explore More Confined Space Training Courses
ESS is a leading provider of confined space training courses. We offer a range of different courses from our network of training venues, strategically situated across the UK.
Find your Nearest Branch
Search for your nearest branch. With a network of 18 branches strategically situated across the UK, there is always an ESS branch close to you.